Family Rules Sign

I finally made a FAMILY RULES sign.  I discovered the idea from Pleated Poppy at least a year ago and since then I have seen them all over the place…especially on Pinterest.  I am more than a little late on making one of these for my house but I finally did it.  Here is the TLA version of the family rules sign.

My Family Rules include:

Be Creative at All Time…Imagination is Mandatory

Obey Your Mama

Encourage Each Other…Share in the Joy

give your guest your best

Remember your manners– Yes, Please…No, Thank You

Be GRATEFUL, BLESS your food, eat TOGETHER

Pay with a KISS

No Fussing, Now Whining, No Complaining

Keep your PROMISES

ask 1st, act responsibly, be patient and respectful, pick wisely

Use nice words, ignore dirty words

sing silly, dance crazy, hug lots, snuggle often, say “I love you”

Clean up after yourself…Everything in its place

Always tell the TRUTH

Too much TV is bad…Too much reading is good

Share everything except bad ideas

DREAM BIG

Be THANKFUL for each day, each other and our experiences

21 Responses to Family Rules Sign
  1. Sarah @ Home Sweet
    March 26, 2012 | 7:10 pm

I’ve seen a lot of these, too. I really like your version! …would love to know how you made it. Did you use different ribbons or papers with the words hand-written or printed?

• Lauren
      March 26, 2012 | 8:30 pm

Thanks for stopping by TLA. I used scrapbook paper and printed the words with my home printer. I went over some of the letters with a sharpie to make them a little darker. There are more detailed instructions on the Pleated Poppy blog. Her link is in my original post for the Family Rules Sign.

2. Jodi
    March 27, 2012 | 9:08 am

I love this. I just pinned it. I’ve been wanting to create some family rules, and i just love. I love your list and how it’s worded too. I’ll link back when I do it. :-) Jodi @ http://www.meaningfulmama.com

• Lauren
      March 27, 2012 | 2:40 pm

Thank you. I can’t wait to see what your family rules sign looks like when you finish it.

3. Candy
    March 28, 2012 | 10:36 am

I love this. You did a great job and the rules are so good….things we should really live by.
    Im following you now from over at White Wednesday, so please come visit me and maybe you’ll follow back at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS 8-)

4. chrissy
    March 28, 2012 | 11:07 am

looks great girl! i love it. thanks for linking up and FYI i love your blog design!

5. Alicia Seeley
    March 30, 2012 | 2:30 pm

That is super cute!! Love the colors!!! Newest follower via Bloglovin’

6. Vanessa
    March 30, 2012 | 3:14 pm

That is so fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

7. Bronwyn
    March 31, 2012 | 4:52 am

OH! I love your rules! I mean the sign looks great, but the words you have chosen are some of the most important in the world! I’ve pinned it and may make a version of my own soon. Thanks for sharing!

8. BeColorful
    March 31, 2012 | 6:59 am

I agree with the other comments that I like your version too. I have seen a lot of the subway technique but I like the varying colors of yours for something a bit different. I am guessing that this is printed paper and that would also make this a project that more readers might want to tackle. Thanks for sharing this on this week’s BeColorful Motivated Monday
    pam

• Lauren
      April 1, 2012 | 5:17 pm

Thank you. It is scrapbook paper that I printed the words on. I did use a Sharpie to make some of the words appear darker after printing them.

9. Amanda @ The Little Giggler
    April 1, 2012 | 10:49 pm

Your sign turned out so cute! I love your rules!

10. Mandy
    April 2, 2012 | 3:09 pm

Hi Lauren! I’m featuring your Family Rules Sign tonight at Project Queen’s Highlight Party. Thank you so much for sharing it last week. I love it!

11. [...] from Totally Lauren Amber made this adorable Family Rules [...]

12. Michelle @Thrifty 101
    April 2, 2012 | 8:50 pm

This sign is so fun! Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at http://www.thrifty101.blogspot.com You’ve been featured! Stop by this week and grab an “I was featured button”. Hope to see you again!

Michelle

• Lauren
      April 2, 2012 | 10:36 pm

Thank you for featuring me. I’m glad I found your blog…I’ll be back to participate in future linky parties. Thanks.

13. Heather Graham
    April 3, 2012 | 1:22 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this on my linky party! It’s so funny that you did, though, because I had originally found it on pinterest, and put it on one of my boards! I LOVE IT! Tooo cute!

-Heather

14. six sisters
    April 3, 2012 | 1:42 pm

This is so cute! We loved having you join us for “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” Hope to see you again soon! -The Sisters

15. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co.
    April 10, 2012 | 6:39 am

Love all the pretty patterns you picked!

16. Tuesday Talent Show #31
    May 8, 2012 | 12:19 pm

[...] Stuffed Shells form Everyday Mom MealsLava Flows from Baking with BlondieFamily Rules Sign from Totally Lauren AmberBanana Nut Roll from Call Me FudgeNow lets [...]

17. [...]  Family Rules Sign [...]